Events in Alcoutim - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Alcoutim in eastern Algarve, Portugal! You can also see when the Algarve bank holidays are and when the Alcoutim municipal holiday is as, apart from events you don't want to miss, supermarkets normally close at lunchtime on holidays and smaller shops are normally closed all day.
The dates of the markets in Pereiro, Vaqueiros, Azinhal and Castro Marim are listed as well as a guide to regular annual events in Alcoutim and the surrounding area.
ALCOUTIM & ALGARVE EVENTS MARCH 2019
So we’re kicking off our March Algarve events with colourful carnivals across the region, the biggest (as always) in Loulé! We've also got some fantastic sports events and fairs and festivals to look forward to!
Here are some of the highlights!
- Carnivals in Albufeira (2nd to 5th) • Alte (3rd to 5th) • Altura (2nd to 3rd) • Armação de Pêra (1st, 3rd and 5th) • Lagoa (3rd to 6th) • Odiáxere, Lagos (5th) • Loulé (3rd to 5th) • Moncarapacho, Olhão (3rd and 5th) • Portimão, Alvor and Praia da Rocha (2nd) • Floats Parade in Portimão (3rd and 5th) • São Brás de Alportel (3rd) • Sagres (3rd) • São Bartolomeu de Messines (3-5th) • Silves (2nd) • Quarteira (2nd, 3rd and 5th)
- In Alcoutim! "Festival do Contrabando" - 29th to 31s of March - in Alcoutim and Spanish neighbour across the river, Sanlúcar de Guadiana and the wonderful walking festival “VI Festival de Caminhadas de Alcoutim” 8th March plus the "Warm bread and fresh cheese fair" in Vaqueiros from 9am 10th March is not-to-be-missed!
- Algarve Cup - International women's football tournament - 1st to 6th March - at various locations
- Monchique Sausage Fair - 2nd to 3rd March - at the Heliport
- Loulé Open Men’s International Tennis Tournament - 4th to 10th March - at Loulé Tennis Club and it’s free to watch!
- Cacela Velha Spring Market, Vila Real de Santo António - 7th March - in the village from 10am.
- International Women's Day - 8th March – very much celebrated in the Algarve, a time for women to dress up and hit the bars and restaurants to party! There is also a special walk in Olhão, starting at 8pm outside the Algarve Outlet shopping mall
- Algarve Bike Challenge - 8th to 10th March - in Tavira
- Silves Mediterranean Gardening Spring Fair - 16th March - at the Exhibition and Fair Venue
Looking forward to Easter Events in the Algarve...
- Flower Torches Festival, São Brás de Alportel - 21st April – a beautiful Easter Sunday tradition where the streets are lined with red carpets and flowers, the parade starts from the church and people carry stunning handmade flower “torches”
- Mãe Soberana Festivities, Loulé - 21st April (Festa Pequena) and 5th May (Festa Grande) – the biggest religious festivity in Portugal where thousands of people join in the Easter Sunday parade to carry “Mãe Soberana” (the Sovereign Mother and patroness of Loulé) through the streets from the Nossa Senhora da Piedade chapel to the church of São Francisco and then 15 days later the statue is carried in another huge procession to the sanctuary on top of the small hill west of Loulé
For more Alcoutim and Algarve events information check out: