Events in Alcoutim - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Alcoutim in eastern Algarve, Portugal! You can also see when the Algarve bank holidays are and when the Alcoutim municipal holiday is as, apart from events you don't want to miss, supermarkets normally close at lunchtime on holidays and smaller shops are normally closed all day.
The dates of the markets in Pereiro, Vaqueiros, Azinhal and Castro Marim are listed as well as a guide to regular annual events in Alcoutim and the surrounding area.
Algarve Events March 2017
March is a wonderful month in the Algarve, with lots of blue sky and sunshine, a glowing countryside and a fantastic programme of events to enjoy sports, music, art, food and culture!
Here are a few of our March 2017 Algarve events highlights!
- Algarve Bike Challenge – Tavira – 3rd to 5th March: An event where MTB riders meet amateurs to compete across different courses through Tavira’s stunning Serra do Caldeirão countryside.
- Algarve Cup – Various locations – 1st to 8th March: One of the Algarve’s most famous sports competitions with women’s national football teams meeting at various stadiums across the region.
- “Feira dos Enchidos Tradicionais” – Traditional Sausage Fair in Monchique – 3rd to 5th March: One of the Algarve’s great food festivals, in honour of the humble sausage and much celebrated Portuguese cuisine.
- “As Águas do Ribeiro que Sou” exhibition by Manuel Rodrigues Ribeiro – Albufeira's Galeria de Arte Paintor – 3rd to 27th March: A unique drawing, painting and sculpture exhibition by a famous Portuguese artist.
- Concert with Miguel Araújo – Olhão – 24th March: One of the greatest musicians in Portugal right now for one night only at Olhão's Municipal Auditorium
- 4th Olhão International Accordion Festival – Olhão Municipal Auditorium – 31st March: Various Portuguese and international players take to the stage to play of the most remarkable and traditional instruments in Portuguese music.
- Mar Algarve 2017 – Portimão Arena – 23rd to 25th March: Event promoting sea and maritime activities along with cultural, sporting and leisure activities, with businesses and exhibitors putting on a great day out for all ages!
To see what else is going on, check out the Visit Algarve March 2017 Events Guide and pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!